Thursday, June 2, 2011

Asleep, Illustration Friday

In many parts of the world, naps are taken during the day to increase worker productivity. Apparently, this habit has its roots in warmer climates, where a rested worker was a happy and useful worker. It just makes sense, doesn't it?
The last time I remember naps being part of my routine was in kindergarten, and I was one of those kids who never slept. When the teacher wasn't looking, I quietly sneaked peeks around the room to see which of my classmates was nodding off.
Today, I'm making up for it. Seems like there's never enough time to catch a few "Z's." And as the day progresses, while not exactly asleep, I'm at least half aware that it's time to get moving before I miss my chance to post this pic on Illustration Friday!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're all well rested, happy and productive this week!

10 comments:

  1. Cute illustration. Naps are wonderful, I just usually have too much on my plate to sneak one in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you captured this perfectly , and I cant remember the last time I had a nap, at my age you cant nap during the day or you cant go to sleep at night

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great illustration! Beautiful colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite agree Michele, power naps are supposed to be the way forward but I'm not sure my patients would really like me saying "excuse me I'm just going to have my siesta" LOL, great illustration, your bright colours are so right, such a "hot" design.
    Have a sunny weekend with plenty of naps.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never liked naps, but your guy is so cute it almost makes feel like trying it out. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely, Michele! It seems a little different style than usual. But, then again, I think one of your many great skills is to adapt and create very unique images. I love the color and folk art feel of this one. You never disapoint when it comes to beautiful surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I never napped in kindergarten either. I usually got the giggles and had to sit in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michele, I have visited a few places that enjoy a mid afternoon nap and I have often thought we should introduce it here :-) although I don’t think I’d want to go back to work once I woke up.
    I think this is a great take on the theme and I love your illustration - oh by the way, blogger for some reason wont let me post under my blogger address so its: Janet from Dibbydabby here - (its very frustrating.... )

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, Michelle. I distinctly remember those kindergarten naps on little rugs scattered around on the classroom floor. Who can sleep, anyway, when surrounded by animated classmates?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way your intense colours reflect those in the photos. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated!