Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Villain


Oh, you expected to be PAID for that?

Depending on your perspective, this guy might not be the most insidious or dangerous of all the bad guys out there. But let me tell you, he can be one of the most annoying. He began with a simple pencil sketch, inked and scanned, then a little color added via Photoshop. He's been bugging me for weeks, so I felt compelled to let him escape and get him out there on Illustration Friday to illustrate "Villain."

I'm not here to preach or judge, of course. But you've probably noticed that I might sneak in a mini-sermonette here and there. Whatever possesses us to do the "creative" things we do, let our consciences be our guides. Sharing inspiration is priceless. But the execution of those ideas really shine, especially when you can honestly claim the sum of those efforts as your very own. (Avoiding straying deeper into the discussion of copyright issues now, for everyone's benefit.)

OK, stepping down from that soapbox... ;o) I just want to keep things light here.

As always, it's a joy to receive visitors and your comments are appreciated. 
If you've been with me the past few posts, I've started replying to your comments directly below.  And if we've been in touch through email, I can continue to reply directly that way, too. The season is changing, and I'm simply trying to stir my pot a little differently!

7 comments:

  1. I so agree Michele....sharing creativity is wonderful but taking really is the pits. My Mum used to say that copying is the greatest compliment but actually it just sucks! I hope you are not having too many art thief issues..what a villan he is....your art always makes me smile. Good to see you stirring your pot and always lovely to hear from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree Michele....sharing creativity is wonderful but taking really is the pits. My Mum used to say that copying is the greatest compliment but actually it just sucks! I hope you are not having too many art thief issues..what a villan he is....your art always makes me smile. Good to see you stirring your pot and always lovely to hear from you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my villain didn't scare you away from visiting, Jane! May we both continue to be visited by the inspiration fairy- She's a lot more fun to deal with! :o)

      Delete
  3. What a dastardly thief! I do like his mask (no surprise there) and his devilish sneer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a purely functional villain's mask here, Vicki. If he wore one as beautifully drawn as the ones you design, he might have a change of heart (for the better) too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wasn't much of a sermonette. Let us know what you really think! Art thieves are as dastardly as spammers and we should step on all of them so they'd quit reproducing. I love your drawing. I'm glad he escaped long enough for you to get him on paper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we're probably going to need some really big shoes to deal with those pesky thieves and spammers. And I might even unleash a longer rant...Then they'll be sorry! ;o)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated!