Thursday, May 31, 2012

Faded, Illustration Friday


“'Tis the last rose of summer Left blooming alone; All her lovely companions Are faded and gone” ~ Thomas Moore

Let's not rush things, all right? It's still spring and there's still plenty of color, but here in my neck o' the woods, things have become quite a bit drier and some of the succulents do look a little bit muted by comparison to the earlier explosion of poppies around my yard.
Felt like trying to pull a few prints to emulate some of this fading color for my last minute Illustration Friday post this evening. Breaking out the "decent" warm weather clothes that have seen several seasons, noticing how my "highlights" keep taking up more space in my once dark head of hair (when I can get out in the light to see more clearly), it's a wonder that I hadn't noticed that faded inspiration has been following me around for awhile...


4 comments:

  1. What a calming print! You have captured the word wonderfully in your words even! Thanks for sharing this! :D Hoping your inspiration never fades! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gentle blue of your flower Michele. I know just what you mean about the hair......it's called maturity :-)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! No comments at all about hair highlights. I live in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely "faded" print. I envy you your poppies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome and appreciated!